Here are a few points to consider which may help you along the way:-
- Set yourself small, achievable goals – now is not the time to be setting big, long term goals. Better to perhaps have daily goals of what you would like to achieve.
- Focus on what YOU can control, not on those things that are outside your control!
- Have a routine and a plan for each day that works for you and be consistent. This is also important for your horse.
- During difficult times, remember that it is not the adversity itself that is the whole challenge, it’s more the attitude you take towards it.
- Take satisfaction and pride in your achievements, however small.
- If you are feeling anxious or tense, try some deep breathing exercises, breathing deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth. This slows the heart rate and helps to activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
Practice this regularly, try to build it into your daily routine and particularly at times when you are feeling anxious.