· To improve our position in the saddle through postural awareness
· To reduce unwanted tension in muscles
· To reduce the likelihood of injury and promote a quick recovery.
· To reduce post riding muscle soreness
· To have better balance in the saddle which will result in more effective aids
· To encourage suppleness in the spine and hips so that we care able to go with the horses movement creating smoothness and harmony with the horse
· To refine our aids and improve our partnership with the horse
· To improve the function of our heart and lungs through aerobic fitness which will help to improve our stamina.
Currently due to Covid our group matwork classes are taking place via zoom.
Up to 12 participants can enrol on a programme which consists of a block of 6 weeks. Payment is required in advance and a completion of enrolment form to secure your place.
As of 12/4/21 private sessions can resume at our Brentwood clinic with covid safe procedures in place. See separate guidance policy.
These are structured sessions that follow an initial assessment to discover any postural faults and weaknesses. A specific programme of exercises is devised to address these issues which is reviewed and adjusted regularly to allow for progression.
These sessions will involve matwork exercises and can include small equipment such as overballs , exercise bands , physio balls, soft weighted pilates balls and spiky balls to achieve the required benefits. Larger equipment involving spring resistance may be used if required.
These sessions are designed to be smaller , more focused and structured to the needs to the individuals whilst being less formal than a class environment. Working with someone can provide motivation and increase enjoyment whilst working on similar goals following an initial assessment.