The Aim of Pilates Exercise for ridersTo make you strong and balanced – you will be able to notice and focus on how your body moves. With this new found ability you can focus on your horse’s flexibility , balance and strength.It will develop a better relationship between you and your horse! … It will improve your riding!
- To improve our position in the saddle through postural awareness
- To reduce unwanted tension in muscles
- To reduce the likelihood of injury and promote a quick recovery.
- To reduce post riding muscle soreness
- To have better balance in the saddle which will result in more effective aids
- To encourage suppleness in the spine and hips so that we care able to go with the horses movement creating smoothness and harmony with the horse
- To refine our aids and improve our partnership with the horse
- To improve the function of our heart and lungs through aerobic fitness which will help to improve our stamina.